sobota 28. novembra 2009

O.P.N. (ORA PRO NOBIS) "Demos" (1982, 1988)




O.P.N. (Ora Pro Nobis) was Czech underground band. Their beginings we can find back in 1974, but first concert they had in 1978. Important moment was in 1977, when poet and saxophonist J.H. Krchovský join the band.
J.H. Krchovský is now well-known poet who write with unique style. His poetry is grotesque, decadent,very strictlly rhymed. Main topics are death, pain and misery mixed with erotic feeling.


here is the first demo from 1982 (Krchovský on this demo played acoustic guitar and one of the vocal) (sorry, no cover)


http://www.mediafire.com/?1wyfimntvdg
track list:

1.Akvárium
2.Křídla


+ here is second demo from 1988 (without J.H. Krchovský) (sorry, no cover)
http://www.mediafire.com/?mkjn3dhhtmq

track list:
1.Cesta spravedlivého jest cestou kříže
2.Malá astra
3.Autentická
4.Tiše



Here are some english translations of Krchovský poetry:





Krchovský
Poems
---------------------------------------------


(Translated by O. T. Chalkstone)

IF I WANT TO VANISH

WITHOUT A TRACE

drowning in the river won’t be my case

- I’ll lay my lazy bones

in a bath full of acid at hom



While I get the water running

I tame my anxiety mulling:

- how when I’m all dissolved

will I unplug the tub hole?



I’ll employ mechanical power!

- linking the plug to the door knob with a wire

and when they open the door later

I shall need no undertaker



I am sure that all in all

the bath tub will retain my soul...

through the hole as I flow down

my soul asleep nirvana bound



A piece of shit cannot be soaped...

what there is not cannot be broke

only the petty nothing that troubles the brain

will never go down the drain...



AFTERNOON IN THE ZOO



On the bus out there she already caught my eye

age perhaps twenty, slim, rather slight and shy

and surely beautiful Emanating a sense of inner affinity

(...her trousers deeply cut between her lips of her pubic cavity)



Buying outside the ZOO gate she stood behind

I felt the glow of her chilling gaze landing on my spine

driven insane by the call of her body (and not only that)

coward, to the wild beasts’ pavilion I quickly fled



...Lust giving me the shakes, spinning my mind disengaged

I gape like an ox into ocelot’s empty cage

Shall I or shall I not?! – It’s clear to me she wouldn’t mind...

Make a move you twit – I can hear the rousing words of mine



Out in the daylight, again I briefly paused

yet I keep going, drawn by a mysterious, darksome voice

- then suddenly I saw her: blushing her eyes coyly down

wet in her crotch she walked out of the monkey compound


ANXIETY STRICKEN, SWOONING WITH FRIGHT

we boarded the streetcar, my weary dog and I

(by myself no way I would take such a step!)

to be faced with twelve crosses – twelve stops to dread



Still half way to go, by now worn to the frazzle

I can take it no more, beads of deathly sweat on my forehead dazzle

- why doesn’t it go?! I want to get off! Get going you wimp!

I’m spent, the dog is asleep, if a little limp...



Then abruptly a horrid sound! Not unlike a moan

appalled they all looked at my bitch in scorn

thinking what a vile fart she broke

- but that pained groan came from my throat


ONCE AGAIN TO A GIRL I QUIETLY OPEN MY HEART

though otherwise I balk at straightforward talk

all is revealed, by what our gazes impart

you want something there and I want it somewhere

still to be sure my eyes do quiz

whether right now, right here with this


If you want more music from O.P.N. or other Czech underground bands, you can order it thru: http://www.guerilla.cz/

-----------------------------------------

ešte jedna strana z časopisu VOKNO č.19, kde bol o Krchovskom článok:



Mišo

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára